I wrote about her birth, so I figured I'd write about her death.
Three years ago, I think it was about six in the morning, the phone rang.. It's never good when the phone rings that early, so I knew something bad had happened. It was confirmed what that bad thing was when Mom came in the living room crying.
She had left us. Left us to go live with Heavenly Father.
Mom, Dad, Bethany and I all packed up some stuff and headed out. Jen needed us. Or maybe we needed Jen? Honestly not sure..
Not much happened the week between her death and her funeral. Just being together, and trying to help them get through that tough time.
All the family came up for the funeral. Well, not all. But a fair amount did.
I cried a lot... We all did.. I think Nick actually shed one tear, haha.
It was a sad day, but we somehow managed to have fun. All twelve children were there. Even Andrew, watching over us.
Daniel did a beautiful cover of a song for Maggie, I wish I could somehow let you guys hear it.
I love you Maggie Mae Morrison. You were and are a blessing in this family. You made me stronger, and appreciate the little things in life. I don't go a day without thinking of you, and the example your short life was to me. I can't fully explain how much you and your family mean to me, but know that you're always in my heart, and always will be.
Jen, you're my hero. You stayed and continue to stay strong. I wish I had that strength. I hope you realize my love for you. I wish I could be with you right now, and every other day. But I can't, so just know my heart and thoughts are with you. Today, and every day.
Sorry this post isn't very good. I've got stuff going on and I can't really sit here and pour it all out. I'll try to post soon
I Do Now
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment