Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm Back! Miss Me Much? ;)

I'm back! Back from camp! and back from Philmont!! It was to say the least, an awesome summer! Lots of memories made that I shall treasure for all eternity!
So, for those of you who don't really know what Philmont is.
Philmont is a Scout ranch out in New Mexcico. They have many different types of treks you can go on, horse riding, trail crews, and on and on! But what I did, was the usual backpacking trek. We did itinerary 18. It was 67 miles in 10 days, with a 30-35 lb pack on my back. It was definitely exhausting, and sometimes I just wanted to go home. But about half way through I hit the point where I was like, 'I'm finishing this, nothing's going to stop me!' so when I hurt my knee, and the lady asked if I wanted her to call it in, or just rest a little and continue on, I of course chose the second. It also didn't hurt that I was like 30 minutes from my brothers :) Yes, I got to see them!! Definitely one of the highlights! I miss them so much :( I cried the first time I saw Nick, hahahaha. What can I say? They're my best friends! Anyways, I hope everyone followed my advice, and seized the day! I know I did!
Never take the little things for granted. They can grow to be big things if you let them.

"Shape the future by dealing with the present"

No comments:

Post a Comment