Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Coming!

It's the middle of May....
Every time I look at the calendar I think to myself, "Where has the year gone?"
Here's the remote thing again. I feel like time is in fast forward. SLOW DOWN! You're going too fast! I feel like I'm missing out on way too much. Like time is going by, but nothing's changing. Which can be a good thing, but in this instance, I don't think it is..
It really freaks me out every time I think about the fact that I'll be 18 in a little less than a year. It kind of makes me feel like a failure. I mean, I'm not too far away from 18! I should have something to show for it right? Right.. Oh well.

Summer is getting closer everyday, and it's almost here! Craziness! It's my last year at Young Women's camp(more craziness, haha), and Bethany's first. I'll miss it, but I think I'm ready to move on. I've had some fun memories there, and will treasure them, but it's time for me to grow up... Even if I don't necessarily want to... I just hope that Bethany will enjoy it as much as I did.

As you know, I'm working at Yocona again, as the Handicraft Director. I'm excited, but a little nervous at the same time. I'm trying to be confident, because confidence is key, right? Hahaha. Oh well, I'll do okay I'm sure. But it turns out I'm going to have to plan all the classes, because my staff member is attending boarding school, so I can't get a hold of him. It's all good though, I'll work it out.

Philmont! YAY! I'm pretty excited! I'm so glad that I'll be able to have this experience, and I'd like to thank JP, Nick, Mom, John Ray, and everyone else who has helped me prepare myself, and get all my stuff together for it. It's definitely going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I'm so appreciative of the fact that I'm getting it! I'll be leaving right after camp is over. Like, RIGHT after, haha.

So this how my summer is working: Go to YW's camp May 31st-June 4th. Start Yocona June 5th. Work there until the 13th (with time off in there, obviously) then head off to Philmont til the 28th. ALSO, my cousin Evan is going to come down sometime in August and go climbing with Daniel, JP, and I. So that will be fun :)
So basically my summer is pretty packed! Haha. It's going to be great though :)

We're going climbing this weekend, since my brothers are all heading off to work at Philmont soon. I'm going to miss them :( But I'll try to stay busy enough so I won't miss them too bad!
Anyways, we're going up there by my sister so we can visit her too. We'll have lots of fun, but then again, when DON'T we?? :) :)

Well, I've got to go help Mom with some stuff. I'll try to post at least one more time before I leave on all my adventures :)
Be good guys! But remember to have fun, life is too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment