Well this past weekend was the Pioneer Trek, It was hard! those handcarts were quite the load, but luckily we had some guys that were pretty strong so we did good.
They had some of the steepest hills I've ever seen! they made us go up one that was called "Devil's Gate" and it was a seventy degree angle!! It was SOO hard, but we did it!
Then on Friday they decided they were going to kill all the guys, and the girls had to go down then up this HUGE hill! It was pretty steep, and LONG. But again, we did it! just the women! It was pretty awesome! Then the Trek got cut short because we a BIG storm come through, and it came FAST, at one moment I was like "It's going to rain" and my Pa is like "Nah, I think it's going to pass us" and then not five minutes later, Pa's going "Abby is right guys, we need to get our stuff in the tent". So I started running and throwing everything in the girls tent, and the leaders started yelling through the megaphone that we needed to RUN for the dining hall! Both of our tents had blown away before we even left the camp site, it came on so fast. I was pretty exciting! But we had to come home because we had power lines and trees down, several of the tents were torn apart, my Pa said that the girls tent from our family was ripped in half.
Even though I hurt, and I actually think I pulled a leg muscle going up Devil's Gate, I would TOTALLY go again if I could!
Next I've got Young Women's Camp! and then Jen's! So I should have plenty to tell!
I Do Now
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment